I’ve recently been adding more natural language definitions. Mainly, the definitions were for higher level terms; while I am interested in adding definitions for terms such as “R”, the higher level ones are being completed first so as to provide clarity of intent. I’ll add to this document as I put in further definitions and other related changes in the next week or so.
- Added definitions: followed by; directly followed by; has clause; has declared status; is alternative format of;
- Modified definitions for: has interface, is about; has part
- Refactored external IDs (see https://code.google.com/p/obo-relations/wiki/ROAndBFO):
- precedes / preceded_by: We linked these RO classes using the URIs http://www.obofoundry.org/ro.owl/ro#precedes and ro#preceded_by (and used our own labels “followed by” and “preceded by”). These URIs used within SWO were outdated – they are actually BFO IDs http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/BFO_0000060 (preceded_by) and BFO_0000063 (precedes). This is because RO makes use of BFO relations that are either uncontroversial (non-temporalized) parts of BFO2, or that will be incorporated in the future. The URIs have been changed accordingly in SWO via Protege refactoring.
- participates_in / has_participant: In previous versions of RO they made use of unofficial non-temporalized BFO relations. To avoid potential clashes with temporalized relations with different meanings, they have since decided to create separate IDs with RO prefixes. These are available for participates_in (RO_0000056) and has_participant (RO_0000057). SWO was updated to reflect this. This required the obsoleting of SWO_9000059 (our own version of has_participant, “has participant”) and its replacement with RO_0000057. participates_in was already used within SWO correctly used the RO ID, with our own label of “participates in”.